Your Daily News Roundup
We’re all in this together!
Everything you need to know this week about type 1 diabetes and coronavirus updates, in one easy-to-read place.
Researchers, advocates, clinicians, and organizations around the country and across the web have been hard at work, creating resources for people living with T1D to better cope with the ongoing COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic.
We’re going to take the opportunity to share out some of those resources each week that may help people get through this challenging time with the help of partners and experts.
We will be sharing the most recent, most relevant behavior change content from Beyond Type 1, JDRF, and more!
Take a look!
Here are some of the stories to keep an eye on this week.
- #GivingTuesdayNow. A special thanks to all the people that joined the global GivingTuesday movement! With your generosity, you helped to make a difference for those living with T1D and needing our support during this pandemic.
- Roche. Read more about free access Roche has granted to mySugr Pro to support people with T1D, and healthcare professionals to improve remote diabetes management.
- Beyond Type 1. Click here to see the full Interview with Endocrinologist Dr. Anne Peters. Among other topics, she discussed Quarantine Lifting, Telehealth Wins, DKA Rates, COVID-19, and more!
- Beyond Type 2. Learn tips on how to maintain a healthy diet, and how to navigate through grocery shopping safely.
- JDRF. Find here the top ten questions from the T1D community about coronavirus, what it means for those living with type 1 diabetes, and the responses from experts in the field. Answering Your Questions on Coronavirus
- If you are 65+ years old and T1D, Click here to read what “Higher Risk” means and what you should do in order to mitigate that risk.
- Join JDFR for a Facebook Live and Q&A Friday, May 8th at 6:30 pm ET with Gary Scheiner, MS, CDE. Gary will be talking about what the COVID-19 pandemic has been like for him, both as a person living with type 1 diabetes (T1D), and as a CDE.
Here are a few of the most exciting and important resources that we’ve seen about this topic in the last few weeks — we’ll be updating the list regularly as time goes on!
Our CEO David Walton sat down last week with Scott Benner, host of the Juicebox Podcast. They discussed strategies for dealing with the disease, opportunities to improve outcomes through education, the use of technology with diabetes, and more.
- Beyond Type 1/ JDRF alliance. Click here for detailed recommendations+ behavior change guidelines for people with diabetes in English+ Spanish.
- Dexcom. A technological leader in continuous glucose monitoring (CGM), has announced a new patient assistance program to aid current U.S. customers who have lost insurance due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Insulet. The global leader in tubeless insulin pump technology expands its U.S. Financial Assistance Program for current users impacted by COVID-19.
- Novo Nordisk, Inc. People with diabetes using Novo Nordisk insulin, who have lost health insurance coverage because of a change in job status due to the COVID-19 pandemic, may now be eligible for enrollment in their Assistance Program and receive free 90-day insulin supply.